Gayle has studied under the guidance of many artists in watercolor, oil and experimental workshops. She is a signature member of the Colorado Watercolor Society and the Western Federation of Watercolor Societies and the National Collage Society. She teaches mixed-media classes at the Art Center in Grand Junction, Colorado and does contract workshops. She regularly shows her work in many venues throughout Colorado and her art is in many private and public collections throughout the world.
I approach my studio as a scientist approaches the laboratory. I set up experiments for myself and try to find the answers using paint, papers, line, shape and color. The ephemera of life plays an important part in solving the problem. I collect images that reflect the world back to me and often use them in my art work. If the experiment works, I have the privilege of sharing the part of the world that is myself with anyone who is interested.
- KOLAJ MAGAZINE Issue 16, Artists Profiles July 2016
- COLLECT, The Art of Colorado Corporations, Arvada Center for Arts & Humanities/NineDots 2014
- Incite, Dreams Realized: The Best of Mixed Media, Northlight Books, F&W Publishing 2013
- Majestic Monument, 100 Years by Daily Sentinel, Grand Junction Colorado 2009
- Cover Art: “Enchanted Forest” for 2011 UNESCO Report on World Heritage Forests
- Watercolor Artist Magazine February 2009 Featured artist in Hunting and Gathering Article
- The Palette Magazine – #20 December 2006 Artwork featured in Still-Life Article
- MA in School Counseling 1995 Adams State College Alamosa Colorado
- BA in Secondary Education – English 1970 SUNY at Albany Albany, New York